This lively, intensive short-course program covers core skills and competencies required of interpreters and provides a good overview for new interpreters.
This course will prepare you to work in a range of settings and government offices, and will also prepare you to take the CTTIC exam to become a Certified Community Interpreter.
- The Role of the Community Interpreter
- Critical Skills for Interpreters – memory, note-taking and listening
- Ethics and Standards of Practice
- Interpreting Settings and Protocols
- The Interpreting Marketplace - How to get contracts
- Interactive role-plays, case studies, and lectures
- Resources and Links
- Student Manual included